|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Provides direct supportive services to children who have experienced domestic violence. Must be dedicated to helping children in all phases of their mental, physical and social/emotional development and dedicated to the mission of YWCA York. |
Hours: Monday through Friday, 11 am to 7 pm
|Duties:||• Provide emotional, non-threatening support to children coming from violent homes.|
• Teach children strategies for staying safe and develop an individual safety plan with each child at the shelter.
• Coordinate and implement children's activities and developmentally appropriate educational programs that assist in the healing process for both individual children and for children’s groups.
• Work with shelter staff to address the needs of the children at the shelter.
• Provide regularly scheduled respite child care for parents living at the shelter and at the transitional housing apartments.
• Develop network of resources for children and coordinate referrals to services with the shelter staff to link children and families to these resources.
• Train and oversee volunteers assigned to the children’s support group.
• Maintain statistics and reports as required.
• Complete mandated training provided by ACCESS-York.
• Maintain clean and well-stocked children’s areas at emergency shelter and in children’s programming room, ordering supplies with permission of supervisor.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree preferred or 3 yrs. related work experience.|
Must complete PCAR/PCCD/PCADV advocate training within one year of employment.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge and experience in field of children's services and child development.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other staff members.
• Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. - Treats people with respect.
• Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Maintains strict client and staff confidentiality.
• Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure.
• Reliable and demonstrates follow-through.
• Observes safety and security procedures.
• Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 15 pounds.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
• Frequently sitting, standing, walking and typing.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.