|Salary Range:||to be determined|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||This position will ensure the safety of all swimming participants in both creek and pool activities by making sure counselors and children are following all water safety policies and procedures. Will report to and work with Aquatics Coordinator to plan and implement activities at both creek and pool, with some responsibility for pool maintenance, boat programming, and other activities.|
The hours for this position will be between 6:30 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility in scheduling may be necessary.
|Duties:||• Guard pool and creek areas making sure all participants are following proper policies and procedures|
• Teach/lead boating programs and swim lessons
• Act as a floater when no water activities are occurring
• Maintain daily log of pool chemical levels
• Document and maintain camper swim levels and swim zones
• Submit timely reports, time sheets, and other documentation
• Oversee upkeep of pool and creek equipment
• Maintain and communicate the YWCA policies and procedures to staff, children, and parents
• Maintain appropriate certifications
• Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be at least 18 years old.|
A Life Guard shall have attained the following qualification levels:
• A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate
• Ability to provide documented 2500 hours of child care experience
Maintain the following certifications:
CPR and First Aid
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50-75 pounds.
• Standing for long periods of time.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
• Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time, in a summer setting.
• Ability to be physically active with campers, i.e. hiking, outdoor games, canoeing.
• Excellent customer service skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.