Aquatics Coordinator-Camp Cann-edi-on
|Salary Range:||to be determined|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for the pool and creek activities. Will work with Camp Director to plan and implement activities at both creek and pool. This position will insure that lifeguards, counselors, and children are following all water safety policies and procedures, with some responsibility for pool maintenance, boat programming, and other activities.|
The hours for this position will vary between 6:30 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility in scheduling may be necessary.
|Duties:||• Manage all aspects of aquatic programming at Camp including Pool and Creek activities.|
• Oversee lifeguards on duty and insure that all policies and procedures are followed.
• Teach/lead boating programs and swim lessons
• Act as a floater when no water activities are occurring
• Help Camp Director plan camp wide activities
• Manage group schedules for pool and creek
• Maintain daily log of pool chemical levels
• Document and maintain camper swim levels and swim zones
• Submit timely reports, time sheets, and other documentation
• Oversee upkeep of pool and creek equipment
• Maintain and communicate the YWCA policies and procedures to staff, children, and parents
• Maintain appropriate certifications
|Qualifications:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (above) satisfactorily. |
Aquatics Coordinator shall have attained the following qualification levels:
• A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate
• Ability to provide documented 2500 hours of child care experience
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Maintain the following certifications:
CPR and First Aid
Pool Operators Certification
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50-75 pounds.
• Standing for long periods of time.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
• Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time, in a summer setting.
• Ability to be physically active with campers, i.e. hiking, outdoor games, canoeing.
• Excellent customer service skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.