|Salary Range:||to be determined|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||Provide support to the Camp Director and provide leadership and support to counselors and leadership team while following the Camp Cann-Edi-On mission and American Camping Association (ACA) regulations in a traditional outdoor camp environment.|
The hours for this position will vary between 6:30 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility in scheduling may be necessary.
|Duties:||• Coordinate daily activities for groups as well as specialty activities |
• Assist Camp Director in daily activities including:
o Camper health checks
o Meal checks
o Sign in/sign out procedures
o Setting up daily activities
o Supporting counselors when needed
o Plan camp-wide activities
• Fill in for other staff when necessary.
• Help campers develop self care habits (dressing for swim and creek activities, tracking personal belongings, putting away materials).
• Create and maintain a positive relationship with families (including professional and timely communication when appropriate).
• Create and maintain a positive relationship with coworkers (including professional and timely communication when appropriate).
• The Head Counselor is responsible for completing the following tasks:
o Serve meals and snacks to children following CACFP regulations.
o Submit reports, timesheets, and other pertinent paperwork in a timely fashion.
o Report maintenance and safety concerns to Director.
o Perform general housekeeping tasks.
o Attend special events and all staff meetings.
o Maintain a high level of job integrity and professionalism while adhering to an ethical code of conduct and Camp Cann-Edi-On mission.
• Attend parent meetings, special events, and all staff meetings.
• Maintain a high level of job integrity and professionalism while adhering to ethical code of conduct.
• Maintain personal cleanliness, including washing hands after toilet, nose wiping and before preparing and/or serving lunches and snacks.
• Maintain professional growth in accordance to high quality standards.
• Keep camp environment interesting, safe and clean. Report maintenance and safety concerns to Director, as needed.
• Perform general housekeeping tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||The Head Counselor shall have attained the following minimum qualification levels: |
• A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate
• Ability to provide documentation reflecting 2500 hours of child care experience
Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
Preference is given to individuals with either a background in education or who have experience working with children.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Complete Fire Safety Training annually.
• Complete Emergency Safety Training annually.
• Complete Water Safety Training annually.
• Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Standing for long periods of time.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
• Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time in a summer setting.
• Ability to be physically active with campers, i.e. hiking, outdoor games, canoeing.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.