Leaders-In-Training Facilitator/Camp Cann-edi-on
|Salary Range:||to be determined|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Description:||Lead Leaders-In-Training (LITs) (older teenagers) in activities that develop leadership skills, inter-social skills, and personal growth, while following the Camp Cann-Edi-On mission and American Camping Association (ACA) regulations in a traditional outdoor camp environment. Provide support to camp in other general coordination of camp events and activities as well as support to camp counselors.|
The hours for this position will varying between 6:30 am and 6 pm, Monday through Friday. Flexibility in scheduling may be necessary.
|Duties:||• Coordinate daily activities for assigned group including, but not limited to, volunteer opportunities at Camp Cann-Edi-On and 320 E Market St., camp improvement projects, and camp activities including team-building. |
• Provide campers with various experiences that:
o Build self-esteem
o Encourage self-reliance
o Foster functioning cooperatively in a group setting
o Foster curiosity
o Teach about respect and admiration for our natural environment, self, and others
o Allow for independent conflict resolution
o Are consistent with best practice and ACA standards
• Participate with and supervise children to monitor behaviors and ensure safety of all children.
• Conduct a daily health check of each child to ensure their general health and safety.
• Help campers develop self care habits (dressing for swim and creek activities, tracking personal belongings, putting away materials).
• Create and maintain a positive relationship with families (including professional and timely communication when appropriate).
• Create and maintain a positive relationship with coworkers (including professional and timely communication when appropriate).
• LIT Facilitator is responsible for completing the following tasks:
o Planning the daily schedule.
o Submitting reports, timesheets, and other pertinent paperwork in a timely fashion.
o Reporting maintenance and safety concerns to Director.
o Performing general housekeeping tasks.
o Attending special events and all staff meetings.
o Maintaining a high level of job integrity and professionalism while adhering to an ethical code of conduct and Camp Cann-Edi-On mission.
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||The LIT Facilitator shall have attained the following minimum qualification levels: |
• A high school diploma or a general educational development certificate
• The ability to provide documentation reflecting 2500 hours of child care experience.
Preference is given to individuals with either a background in education or who have experience working with children.
Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Complete Fire Safety Training annually.
• Complete Emergency Safety Training annually.
• Complete Water Safety Training annually.
• Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to lift, push, and/or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Standing for long periods of time.
• May require driving in inclement weather.
• Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time in a summer setting.
• Ability to be physically active with campers, i.e. hiking, outdoor games, canoeing.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.